We believe that what sets Know History apart is our passion for the past. For us, history isn’t just a job – it’s what we’ve always wanted to do!
What it's like working at Know History:
Not only are all of our associates formally trained in history and historical research methodologies, but we are also actively engaged in history and heritage pursuits outside the office. We use our networks to introduce staff to new opportunities and provide support where possible to employees who want to attend or speak at conferences or publish their research. We contribute to a variety of professional organizations and encourage our staff to obtain association memberships or sit on boards. We offer professional development opportunities and internship programs in association with universities, and we have a well-stocked lending library.
In order for Know History to be a happy and positive environment, and for our people to perform at their best, staff need to feel healthy and supported. We provide a space where people of all ethnicities, races, religions, abilities, socioeconomic statuses, gender identities, and sexual orientations feel safe and accepted. We also provide flexible hours, remote work options, comprehensive benefits, competitive salaries, and ample paid time off to suit different lifestyles. And we offer state-of-the-art equipment, resources, and facilities to make it easier for team members to pursue their passion!
We're looking for people who share these values:
- Passion: We want employees who are passionate about what they do, enjoy coming to work, and believe in the company and its mandate.
- Resourcefulness: We're on the cutting edge of technology and research methods in Canada, which are always changing. We value quick learners who can figure things out and offer creative solutions.
- Learning: Everyone at Know History shares a love of learning and continuously displays a commitment to questioning, learning, and sharing knowledge.
- Honesty and Integrity: Our reputation depends on finding and presenting the facts as they are, not customizing them. Honesty and integrity, along with ethical research methods, are essential.
- Caring: Everyone has a right to an environment that is safe, supportive, and encouraging. We show empathy and respect for each other, our clients, and the communities we serve.
If this sounds like you, check out our Job Board for more information on current openings at Know History.
Interested in joining our team or your background is close to what we’re looking for, but don’t see a position for you? Please consider still applying or sharing your resume! We believe that experience comes in many forms and passion goes a long way. We would still love to hear from you and will be in touch if a position that matches your skills and experience becomes available.
If you're an Indigenous historian, researcher, or storyteller, please head over to the Know Indigenous History Careers Page to find out more about our services and working with us!
If you have questions or need assistance:
Know History is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. We know that, in order to understand our collective history, we need to prioritize Indigenous and diverse voices across all aspects of our organization. We strongly encourage candidates to apply and self-identify if they are Indigenous, members of racialized communities and visible minorities, people with disabilities, and people of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression.
We are dedicated to providing an inclusive and supportive environment. If you need assistance, have any questions or require accessibility or cultural accommodations, at any point in the application process, please send us an email and we’ll work with you to make sure your needs are met.