Know History is an Ottawa-based firm that provides historical research services to Indigenous organizations, government, museums, and heritage groups. We currently have a new full time opening for a Client Services Clerk.
As a Client Services Clerk, you will be the first point of contact between clients and our organization by answering between 30-50 calls per day from clients, assessing their requests, and providing information. You will be responsible for creating a positive first impression and advocating for clients, from answering FAQs and opening tickets to drafting solutions and providing research support. You’ll execute all administrative tasks of client files to the highest quality standards when documenting details, inquiries, and actions required while maintaining the confidentiality of client and business information. Although clerical in nature this role requires a high degree of tact and attention to detail.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills Required
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills to clearly and confidently respond to phone, email, and in-person inquiries.
- You have demonstrated experience using interpersonal and listening skills to elicit information and support team members.
- You have interpersonal skills to interact with clients and collaborate in a team-driven environment to ensure that operational requirements are being met.
- You are able to follow workflows, assess priorities, and meet deadlines.
- You have demonstrated experience working in a team environment, sharing decision-making with co-workers to prioritize tasks, and workloads to ensure deadlines are met.
- Completion of Post-Secondary education (College or University); ideally in Indigenous Studies, History, or a similar field.
- Experience with MS Office and working in a Windows environment.
- Full Time, Monday to Friday
- Hours: 8:00 am-4:30 pm
- Located in Central Ottawa
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining Know History’s team for this role, please send your CV (2 pages max) and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 8th, 2021. Only candidates who meet the criteria outlined in this advertisement will be selected for an interview. We thank everyone for their interest, but only those selected will be contacted.
Know History is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and strongly encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, members of racialized communities, people with disabilities, and people of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. If you require assistance or accommodation at any point in the application process, please also contact email@example.com