Come join our growing team! Know History is a Canadian firm that provides historical research services to Indigenous peoples, government bodies, corporations, and museums. We are looking to expand our Calgary research team with a talented, enthusiastic Junior Researcher.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate to get your feet wet in the world of historical services. As a Know History associate, you’ll conduct file review, archival and genealogical research, document management, and data entry. You’ll participate in regular team meetings, and your enthusiasm and ideas will be a vibrant contribution to our up-beat, collaborative culture.
The successful candidate will,
- Have a Bachelor of Arts, with a major in History. Indigenous Studies, Canadian Studies, or similar field
- Have an understanding of Indigenous cultures and communities in Canada (First Nations, Inuit, and Métis), and a demonstrated knowledge of Canadian and Indigenous history
- Have strong writing skills (plain language is essential!).
- Be detail-oriented
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office
- Be eligible to apply for GOC Security Clearance
We value quick learners and team players – people who are willing to pitch in and help out, no matter the task.
This is a one-year contract position. Some fieldwork may be required.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, then please send us your CV (2 pages max) and a cover letter that tells us, in 350 words or less, how your past academic and work experience has made you:
- a meticulous researcher,
- a resourceful high achiever, and
- passionate about history.
Please include two references and send your application to email@example.com. Only candidates who meet the criteria outlined in this advertisement will be selected for an interview. We thank everyone for their interest, but only those selected will be contacted.
Know History is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and strongly encourages applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, members of racialized communities, people with disabilities, and people of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. If you require assistance or accommodation at any point in the application process, please also contact firstname.lastname@example.org