Established in 2011, Know History has quickly gained a reputation for professionalism, innovation, and exceptional customer service. Our services and past work capture many of the unique stories that make up our past, inform our present, and inspire the future. With offices in Ottawa and Calgary, and team members located throughout the country, we have had the privilege of working alongside policymakers, Indigenous organizations and communities, museums, filmmakers, and individuals.
We are looking for an Operations Support Officer to oversee technical and physical asset management of our Ottawa and Calgary offices. The Operations Support Officer is responsible for the day-to-day resolution of technical and operations requests, as well as the monitoring and maintenance of all workstations and equipment. They will also work closely with other members of the Operations and leaderships teams to provide technical and operations assistance in support of projects, fieldwork, and meetings and conferences, including coordinating equipment and promotional material, graphics and website support, and related inventory, office management, and administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience providing technical and operations support in a small to medium-sized office environment (75+ employees), excellent attention to detail, and strong communication skills. They are skilled at critical thinking, and offering solutions to problems; they understand how their work contributes to the bigger picture without losing track of the small details.
Responsibilities & Duties
Technical and Asset Management (25%)
- Manages software licences and service agreements
- Management and tracking of inventory from computers, furniture, office supplies to swag
- Equipment purchases and management
- Setting up and managing employee computers, accounts, and user access to programs
- Configuring new computer hardware
- Organizing and mailing equipment, dropping off or picking up equipment
- Management and upkeep of storage and inventory rooms
- Manage operations requests
- Liaising with IT support company for larger issues
- Assisting staff with computer and program issues, providing initial help desk support to 75 users for Microsoft 365, dropbox ect.
- Coordinating travel arrangements
Operations and Administrative Support
- Receiving mail and packages
- Assisting in mailing promotional items, and project-related material
- Participating in weekly and quarterly Operations team meetings
- Updating the company website (i.e. add or removing staff bios and adding stories/recent news)
- Manage social media posts
- Assisting with conference/meeting set-up, help prepare/produce webinars
- Maintaining templates and databases
- Project support such as report formatting, graphics, printing, PowerPoints
- Location: Bank Street, Ottawa
- Compensation: Starting at $25+/hr, with paid vacation, paid sick leave, and health and dental benefits
- Travel Required: Yes (A valid driver's license is required)
- Required to work in the office: Yes
- Training and equipment (laptop, dual monitor, peripherals) will be provided
- Hours: This is a full-time position, with flexible hours. Work outside regular business hours is occasionally required.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- 2-3 years of operational support experience in a small to medium-size office
- Background or some experience in technical support in a Microsoft Windows environment preferred
- Experience with project management software
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple activities and objectives
- Understanding of day-to-day management and prioritization of tasks
- Able to design and follow workflows, strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including plain language writing
- Completion of post-secondary education in technology (diploma or certification) is preferred
- Eligible for GOC Security Clearance
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining Know History’s team for this role, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Know History is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. We know that, in order to understand our collective history, we need to prioritize Indigenous and diverse voices across all aspects of our organization. We strongly encourage candidates to apply and self-identify if they are Indigenous, members of racialized communities and visible minorities, people with disabilities, and people of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression.
We are dedicated to providing an inclusive and supportive environment. If you have any questions or require accessibility or cultural accommodations, at any point in the application process, send us an email and we’ll work with you to make sure your needs are met.